CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

About Me

My photo
Just a small town Canadian Girl who loves the Big City!

Sep 6, 2009

Coffee Be Thy Name

Before I begin, I feel the need to support a life in coffee cups since the story made me giggle and made me think "yep, that's yet another reason you're my friend!" It also made me pull a bunch of my own cups out to photograph and share. Far left, huge Tigger mug. A gift from my girlfriend Cyndy. This is the cup I use for tea - which is important to note. Beside Tigger, a friendship cup from Marnie. I can't remember when or why but I love this mug. Next in line, my Beatles mug. My boss brought me that one back from California because - well, because I love the Beatles! Beside the Beatles is my Starbucks New York City mug. A gift to me...from me!!! The Sweet Pink one - another mug from another girlfriend. Nancy bought me this one 'just because'. It's pink....what else needs to be said. Far right, my Hockey Hall of Fame mug. Another very cool gift to me, from me. This is the mug that I allow let KP use for his coffee. It's pretty cool and has all of the important hockey trophies on it. Up on the top row is my Starbucks Dublin mug. This one came from my buddy Paul over in Ireland. We traded - I sent him the Canada one, he sent me the Dublin one. Beside that is the mug that Chelsey gave me for Mother's Day a bizillion years ago. It's a photo of her on one side and the other side it says "Worlds Greatest Mom". I never use that one but I absolutely love the photo of her. And last but certainly not least is my Sens mug. A gift from KP, this one is the last of all my favourites!!! Go Sens Go!

Currently, I am using the Starbucks NY mug fairly regularly. I heart NY.

Now then, the point of this blog is two-fold. First to support a life in coffee mugs but also to explain the need for this many coffee mugs.


In the morning, it needs to be coffee. There is no substitute for that. Maybe it's just that coffee is what I'm used to. Maybe I've just been conditioned to believe that I 'need' that caffeine fix when I wake up. Whatever the reason is irrelevant. The fact of the matter is in the morning, it needs to be coffee.

Now, don't get me wrong, I have no issue with tea. No, no. On the contrary, I quite enjoy tea. As a matter of fact, I work in a place where I can sample any number of delicious imported British teas any time that I want to. And don't doubt for a moment that I have tasted each and every one of them.

But, every now and then, a customer will come into the store first thing after we open, see me sipping on my extra-large double-double and proclaim with absolute disdain "Why on earth would you be drinking coffee when you have all of these fine British teas to choose from?!"

I will tell you why. Are you ready? Paying attention???

The answer is this: Because no matter how much I enjoy it, tea is not coffee.

2 comments:

Go ahead, leave me a note. Let me know your thoughts on my rants!